Monday, May 10, 2010

Got It And Going

Front burner project chosen and rolling along. Back burner projects in place. I've even worked out the line-up for future projects.

With that said, it's time for me to get back to work. But before I go, here's your video ditty for the week...

MUSIC MONDAY

The much harder rocking, original version of John Lennon's "I'm Losing You."

Harder rocking thanks to Cheap Trick's Rick Nielsen and Bun E. Carlos. They worked with John on three songs before Yoko gave them the boot. I believe this is the only one of those three songs to be officially released. There's mystery and controversy surrounding why Nielsen and Carlos were "let go." When asked why, Nielsen often supplies a diplomatic response, while Carlos points to Yoko with an unflattering and blunt description.

Whatever the reason, it sure isn't that the musicians failed to come together and jam. This track rocks! And offers a tantalizing glimpse of a few harder-edged Lennon tunes that might have been.

Compare the tracks for yourself and see which you like most. For me, the second one is good, but the rocker version blows it away. By the way, there's a Cheap Trick video version with much cooler visuals than the one below, but the sound's not as good on that video as the one I'm posting here. To check out the cool visuals video, go HERE.

For the auditorially inclined, just click below...

Lennon/mit Cheap Trick "I'm Losing You"



Lennon/sans Cheap Trick version "I'm Losing You"


No comments:

Post a Comment